1. The Club docks, rack and property are maintained by the joint and volunteer efforts of the Club’s members and are provided to the Member in good standing according to the Club By-Laws and Rules. The member acknowledges having read the By-Laws and Rules and agrees to comply with them.
2. While the boat is on Club property or in the lagoon, the Member shall not hold The Halloween Yacht Club, The City of Stamford nor the Officers or Employees liable for loss or damages due to fire, theft, storm, collision, explosion, sinking, or vandalism, nor the bodily injury or damage that may be sustained by the Member or by the Member’s boat, equipment or stores. Member further acknowledges liability for any such event and for damages there from to Club property.
3. If the Berth Holder’s boat sinks in the lagoon, for any reason, it shall be raised and removed by the Berth Holder within 72 hours at his or her expense. If not, the Club will have the right to raise and remove the boat and to bill the Berth Holder for all normal and reasonable expenses for the removal of the boat.
4. The Berthing Committee reserves the right to verity the boat length and beam measurement and the assignment of berthing.
5. Each Member must submit registration and insurance documentation. Further, a new copy of the insurance certificate must be received by the Club within 30 days after the expiration date of the policy. A copy of the current year’s registration issued each April by the state must be received by June 1st of each year. Failure to submit these documents by these dates will result in a penalty of $50 for each occurrence.
6. A copy of the Instructions to Berth Holders — (summer) is attached and becomes part of this contract and the Member agrees to comply with said Rules and Regulations.
BEFORE BERTH HOLDER IS ASSIGNED A SLIP, THE FOLLOWING MUST BE RETURNED TO THE BERTHING COMMITTEE:
A. Copy of current CT registration on a 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper (if applicable)
B. Copy of current Certificate of Insurance with a minimum of $100,000.00 liability (if applicable)
C. Top half of invoice along with payment. Note regarding co-owners: In order to obtain an initial berth after coming from the wait list, if there is a co-owner (other than spouse) of the above boat, co-owner must have qualified seniority equal to or greater than next most senior Member applying for a space (co-owning Members must meet this and all other requirements for berthing).